Explosive Demon Wave (爆力魔波, Bakurikimaha) is a very powerful energy wave shot from one hand, with the other arm supporting the one that is firing the attack. Like the Special Beam Cannon, it is one of Piccolo's signature techniques.
It was King Piccolo's most potent attack he used against Goku twice. The first time it destroys all of Eastern City, turning it into a wasteland, however Tien Shinhan intervened and carried Goku out of the blasts way. The second weaker blast hits Goku dead on and buries him into a massive crater, but fails to destroy him.
Later in the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament, we see Piccolo Jr. has the ability to use this attack as well, though it is nowhere near as potent as King Piccolo's version. Piccolo first uses this technique as a final attack against Goku in the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament in an attempt to blow him to bits. Piccolo later uses it, without effect, against Raditz when they meet, and twice during his battle with Android 17.
Piccolo has a variation of this attack, called Chasing Bullet, which is fired the same way and locks on its target. It does not have the same power though, as it only had enough power to disable one of its target's arms. Much later Piccolo`s son Chris uses this technique during his battle against Steve.
This attack appears in every game of the Budokai video game series (not to be confused with the Budokai Tenkaichi series), in which the attack requires significantly less charging and in which Piccolo briefly braces himself the moment he shoots the attack (making it appear that he is shooting it one handed). In this series it is called the Destructive Wave.
- 爆 (Baku) = Explosion / bomb
- 力 (Riki) = Power / capability
- 魔 (Ma) = Demon / evil
- 波 (Ha) = Wave
- In Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, one of Piccolo's Blast 2 attacks is called "Explosive Demon Wave", but when he performs it he says "Destructive Wave."
- In Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit, one of Piccolo's moves is called "Destructive Wave" but when he uses it he says "Explosive Demon Wave."
- In Dragon Ball: Raging Blast, one of Piccolo's moves is called "Explosive Demon Wave" and when he uses it he says, "This will stop you!"